Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Quick Update

Have had a couple of crazy weeks...here are the high and low lights:
--kier was sick for a whole week with a fever and then as he started to get better, I began to feel sick...and boy, did I ever get sick...I had strep throat, double ear infections, the flu, and migraines. It was horrible. But, it's over now.
--recovered for a couple days then went on a road trip with my great friend Sarah, her son Joe, and my two girls, to Ottawa to visit Marie! Such a great time, and so great to get out of my house and get away. We went sliding and skating on the canal...great time! It was a little more challenging with three young kids, one of whom is being breastfed (try doing that through six layers of clothes, and in -29 weather...not so much fun), but I am so glad we went and would loveto goback next year!
--it was so great spending time with Marie again...she's such a sweetie, and has such a cute house and a gorgeous family. Marie, thank you again for allowing me and my fam come andstay with you...you're awesome!
--and Sarah, I had a great time travelling with you and our kids...they did so good...and thank you for inviting me to crash your time with your wonderful sister...you're a great friend.
--and now, i'm back home and not feeling as 'trapped' as I was last week. had a coffee with sarah today, and then got lots of cleaning done...good day.

so, now it'safter 11, and i'm off to bed...there's a huge storm starting right now, and school has already been cancelled, so it should be a fun valentine's day here at the stanley's...me and the kids will make some banana bread for daddy, and i'll make some chocolate chip cookies for the kids (they're favorite)...well, at least that's my goals anyway. ;) Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!! ha ha!!

Happy Valentine's Day, Ang!! Hope you have a great day with your kiddos - storm days are the best! (Hope its coming our way like they say it is!)

Glad you got to get away -- it is so necessary, isn't it?!...glad you had fun and got to visit with Marie...its so nice to see old friends...wish I could get all the people I love together!!! (probably be a little overwhelming, though!)...anyways...hope you have a great day -- I'll talk to ya soon!! Love ya, Ang!

sarah said...

What's wrong with you? you haven't blogged this week-end have you been busy? doing what?:) THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! for all your help you are incredible and I will probably owe you an extra 20 years of my life for not dying of extreme stress or some kind of psychiatric issue. Thank you for being an amazing friend, who listen constantly to be YAP! YAP! and who is so flexible and thoughful xoxo I'm not an I love you girl so " I wov you" :) Get some rest.

Marie said...

Hey Angie,
Did you get your keys? Hope so. Isaac is doing a lot better. After you guys left, he slept a lot during that whole week. Yesterday Alex had a day off. We first went to Starbucks for breakfast..thanks to a great friend who gave me a gift card:):):) Then we went skating on the canal...it was so warm outside, I kept telling Alex how bad I felt that it was so cold when you guys came. Anyways, I'm so glad you came to visit me. We will have to do it again next year. Have a good week....try to rest after all that work that you did for my sister:) Je t'aime beaucoup:)

Marie said...

Hey Angie...what's the tea that Rob was drinking when you guys came? I just felt like drinking some tonight. Thanks:)

Anonymous said...

HEy Ang...I feel like its been so long...maybe this week -- maybe tomorrow night...not sure. I have a terrible head-ache today -- am contemplating going home for the afternoon -- I hate doing that, though...anyways...hope you're having a good day and staying warm!!!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

wow. you are a brave mama!! that is awesome. sarah sounds like a trouper!! you guys are awesome! have a great day ang. miss ya.
erin b

Anonymous said...

dear ang. i don't know how to tell rob or whoever but i can't believe how amazing your the village website is. what an awesome idea. i love the graphics and colors and ideas. send some eprops to whoever made it.
erin bredin