Thursday, April 19, 2007

Which is more edible?

OR



I know which one I'd pick!! Those lips, those eyes...as my good friend Sarah, and Rachel Ray would say, 'YUMM-O!' I've just been a little infatuated with my baby since she got sick yesterday...I was up most of last night with her, and her temperature was at 102.9 most of the night. So scary. Not fun. But, thankfully, it's been holding around 99 all day, so I hope she's on the road to getting better.
There's not a whole lot worse as a mom, when your baby wakes up in the night, crying, and when you pick them up, they are hot. Everywhere. Am I the only one that touches every part of their body to make sure that it really is a fever, and that they just don't happen to be toasty warm under that blanket? I hate fevers. I know they're good, and they mean their little body is fighting off the bad stuff, but I still hate them.
Ok, so now onto the #2 edible picture on my blog: that is a picture of our Easter dinner this year. Unfortunately, ham and scallop potatoes aren't a big hit here (except me), so this is what I came up with for dinner this year and it was soooooo good!! Just a mish-mash of breads, hummus, tomatoes, prosciutto, kolbassa, veggies, olives, cheeses, and the favorite: baby dills!! I watched 'Everyday Italian' and 'Barefoot Contessa' on the food network today with Rory, and loved it!! It had been awhile since we vegged on the couch and watched tv together, and she absolutely loved the shows!!! She was practically crying when the commercials would come on! She asked to make salmon, after watching Ina make it, and wanted to make circle cookies like Giada. I'm at the very end of my groceries, and desperately need to go shopping, but am glad that I saw how much she enjoyed these shows, and am inspired to cook more with her.
Well, it's late and now I'm not only hungry for dill pickles, I am craving kissing my baby, so must go and commit the unthinkable: wake up a sleeping baby!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you crazy girl...if the clock is right on your post...you were WAKING your baby up at 11:30 at night?! You're too much, Ang!!! Hey -- great to chat with you lastnight, even if it wasn't up to our 1 and a half to two hour standards...it was enjoyable -- good laughs, you funny girl!!! Feel free to call Erin this weekend, though I won't be there for you to pass messages along to, like you and Erin did through me lastnight!! ha ha!!! Okay, so...Cait looks so much like Rory!! What a cutie -- she looks just like you, too, Ang. Sweet girl...hope she's feeling better today!!!

Hope you have a great weekend -- and maybe we'll chat again next week. I love ya, Ang...you know I do!!! Hope you have a great day with your sweet family. The meal you made for Easter sounds GREAT!! I love meals like that!! Wish we lived closer and could visit in each other's HOMES....I miss that!!!

sarah said...

of course I would go for the pita and hummus, I am soooooo over that whole baby, yummy, kissy thing it's over! done with!, fini !,it's not even funny. So glad those days are behind me, soooooooooo glad did I say I was glad those days are behind me, SO GLAD THOSE DAYS ARE BEHIND ME!!!!!!!!!!!! it's not working Angie...

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ang...okay...I wish we lived closer, for real...why does everything have to be over the phone or internet...I miss you!!!!!!!! Hope you are having a great day!!! And...hope to chat again soon...