Monday, February 11, 2013

Inspired

Amy, you've inspired me to blog again! (well, for today at least;). I love trying new recipes and since Amy has been posting lots of new ones on her blog, she inspired me to as well.

I am currently 4 days into a 30 day, kick my butt in gear, eat stricter challenge with a friend of mine, Sarah. We are following a Paleo menu and this yummy recipe is one of our b'fast (or lunch or supper!) faves. And they are super quick and easy to make, and taste yummy! Can't beat that!

What you'll need:



Paleo Pancakes

1 large egg
1 banana
1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
1 tbsp. almond butter
1 heaping tsp. cinnamon

Mix banana in bowl with mixer. Add egg. Mix. Add flaxseed and almond butter. Mix. Stir in cinnamon.



Heat approx. 1 tsp. coconut oil in skillet and add small dollops of batter (I can fit about 4 in my medium sized skillet). Do not flip for about 2 minutes, or they will fall apart. Also, don't heat pan too much (I don't set it higher than 6). I find the coconut oil can burn easy if at a higher heat.



I ate mine with frozen berries that I heated up in my pan, and a little bit of maple syrup.

Enjoy!!



Also, if you are interested in eating Paleo and maybe to add some yummy new, healthy recipes to your menu, check out the book "Everyday Paleo". It has tons of yummy, healthy recipes, and pictures of everything (a MUST for me with a cookbook). The author also updates her blog all the time, so check it out at www.everydaypaleo.com.

3 comments:

Life With My Joys..... said...

well, well, well..... welcome back, my friend! how i have missed you. and since our phone conversations either get interrupted or are nonexistent...maybe thou shalt continue to post just a wee bit more consistently. shalt thou? love you dearest. tons and tons. sounds yummy. can't wait to try it! good for kevy's belly too -- no gluten!!!

Kristi said...

YAY!!!! Looks yummy! And...I'm with Ame: please continue to post, friend...I love reading your words...and I love you.

Marie said...

Will Try it for sure! Je t'aime mon Amie! Xox