Saturday, November 11, 2006

Saturdays

I have many love/hate relationships in my life. I love chocolate...but I hate how it looks on my hips. I hate exercising...but I love how good I feel when I've had a great workout. And up until lately, I've hated Saturdays. The reason was that since Rob's main responsibility is speaking on Sunday, he is busy most of the day and evening on Saturdays preparing for Sunday morning. We used to take an entire day off earlier in the week, but with the busyness that comes with starting a church from scratch, that just hasn't happened in a few months. Which brings me back to hating Saturdays...until recently.

Although Rob still has to work most of the day, the last couple of Saturdays have consisted of me just hanging out with the kids, as they paint, color and draw for hours. My sis Dawn has a laptop, so while they paint their ninth picture of the day, I've been able to also get some 'work' done. By work, I mean Christmas planning/present ideas, getting ready for baby, and just spending some time planning some craft/present ideas for me to do with the kids. I've started listening to Christmas music and am looking forward to Christmas this year probably more than any other year.

So now, although I wish Rob was with us during these lazy Saturdays, I love spending these last few weeks before christmas with my two amazing kids...as we wait for our new baby to join us out here for all the fun.

4 comments:

sarah said...

Thanks for an other great Saturday night away from my responsabilities :) I'm sooooo sorry that I won't be able to lend you my camera so that you can post new pictures and make your blog interesting, but you know we all have our strenghts and weakness and your a great writer so that's good. Really really sorry sweetie :) :) (Just tell me when.) o.k enough siliness...

Life With My Joys..... said...

Sweetums - well, we have the same taste, because I was just getting ready to switch my background, and THIS was my first choice for my new setting. But, first come first served, eh? I thought it would be cheesy to have the same one as you. So, just let me know ifever you plan to switch, cause I might steal it! Love you! Sweet blog. Good times!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ang...I'm thinking maybe we can try to connect over the telephone this week...I'll try to give you a call -- maybe Thursday night?! (Early on -- The Office is on at 9:30!! lol.) Anyways...I'm glad you're blogging again -- it at least gives me a little taste of what's going on in your life!! (Even if you DID switch over to blogger!!)... Anwyays....hope you're having a great day...let's talk soon...let me know if Thursday works out for you!! Love ya, Ang!

Angie said...

Hey Kris...I would love to chat with you soon. Unfortunately, I'm out all night Thursday night, and Kier's party is Friday and we're celebrating rob and kier's bday on Saturday. Maybe Sunday afternoon? I was actually gonna call you this past Sunday afternoon, but know that Sundays can be such a great time to relax, and I didn't wanna interrupt, so...I decided not to call. Let me know if that would work for you. Have a great week! love ya.