Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Who's More Excited?

So, here are a few pics that Rob took of me and the kids from our trip to the Toronto Zoo this summer. As I was looking at them, I noticed that my smile was probably the biggest one in the picture. It's amazing at how much joy you can receive just from watching your kids experience something exciting for the first time. In the first two pictures, Rory and I are watching the monkeys go crazy on the other side of the glass. It was so fun watching her imitate what they were doing, and even more fun when one of them kept coming up to where she was and dance around. She could hardly contain herself!! She kept asking if she could go in with the monkeys. (we decided against it). ;)


This last picture was when we were standing in front of a huge aquarium full of hundreds of different fish. The kids just stared at this huge expanse of fish, and then Kier asked 'can we put this in our room?' And then Rory quickly asked, 'Can I go in there?' Can you imagine if we didn't believe in saying no to our kids?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ang...cute pic's...my word, you look like you're going to a ball, rather than a zoo!!...looking good, Ang!! Well...it looks like we didn't talk on the phone lastnight, as I had planned to do...Lori and the kids came down, so I was up at Mom and Dad's for awhile, then Erin and I came back to my house to watch The Office (duh!), and...I was just sleepy lastnight. So, anyways...hopefully we can try sometime this weekend. I agree with your post -- life does get busy/hectic/crazy/annoying...whatever...it seems to stand in the way of the things I enjoy sometimes, and I don't like that...I want to remedy that, but...don't quite know how!! Anyways...hope you're having a great day!! Hope to talk to ya soon! I love ya, Ang!!

Anonymous said...

Ang...we've gone, yet again, too long between phone conversations...yikes!! Tonight is our attempt at celebrating American Thanksgiving,even though we're in Canada...so...I don't know if I"ll call you tonight, but...hopefully before the weekend is over we can find a few moments, even, to chat and catch up!! I love ya -- hope you're having a great day, my friend!!!