Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Quick Little Update

We are home. Arrived just after supper last night. My baby didn't sleep until about 1/2 hour from home, and then woke up after 10 minutes, but all in all a good trip home.

We had a GREAT time with Alex and Marie. They really are awesome. Marie is just as sweet as ever, Alex is just as funny, and their boys, Issac and Eli, are sooo cute! My kids are already asking when we can go back.

Things we did on our trip: relaxed over coffee, chatted, played in the SNOW, of which there was SOOO much! The snow on either side of their driveway, was well over Rob's head...and he's 6ft. tall. We went to a sugar shack and went on a sleigh ride there...sooo fun and sooo cold! Went swimming (indoors, of course), and then Marie and I shopped for a few hours and went out to eat at an amazing restaurant! I ate way too much over the weekend, but it was so good! We also went to the Children's Museum in Ottawa, and it was awesome! The kids loved it and it was alot of fun! And, of course, Marie and I jetted off for one last shopping trip to our favorite store, Value Village. Where, I found out, that Value Village hires the most rude, impatient managers in all their stores, not just the ones around here. But, we still found some good stuff. :)

So, now we're home. Rob is back to work, Cait's napping, and the older two are building a fort. And me, well, I'm trying to decide what to tackle: getting pictures developed and finally put up on my walls, finally organizing and digging out the clutter in our store room, figuring out what and when to do Rory's 4th birthday party, as it falls on Good Friday this year or waiting on all that because I only have today, and then clean houses for the rest of the week. I'll probably just wait.

Nothing too exciting and lots of thoughts running through my head today, but no time to type 'em here, and that's probably best. Think I'll go finish my coffee and have some time talking to God.

Oh, but one last thought......I'm REALLY looking forward to spring. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a fun weekend - always nice to see old friends...I'm sure your kiddos had fun, too!! And, now - settling back into a routine, and catching up...not always the funnest part of getting home...in some ways its nice, but the catching up part isn't always fun. Hope you have a good day, and that you can find a bit of time to rest - or at least get to bed early!!! Can't wait to see pictures, Ang!!! Hope to chat soon....love ya.

Marie said...

Hey! It's really too bad that Cait didn't sleep:( Isaac was the same way! We had such a great time with you guys:) Thanks for coming. I'll see you next week! Get some rest...you crazy mama! Love you!

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!...I don't know what happened, or if you changed something on your blog...I'm just glad to be re-connected again - all day, Ang...all day, I just kept wondering...what has Angie blogged about that I am missing...and...I see that...you weren't blogging afterall...still missed ya, though. Hope you've had a good day...I LOVE YA!!!!

Jessica said...

Glad to hear you had a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Miss ya, Ang...maybe we'll chat this weekend...hope you have a good weekend!!