Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blog Surfin'

When I first got into blogging a year or so ago, my good friend Sarah would call me with new and fun blogs to check out. They would have everything from fun pictures, to cool craft ideas, to yummy recipes. And although I don't blog surf as much as I used to, here's a couple to help get you started on your blog surfing:


www.annamariahorner.blogspot.com : She was actually on the Martha Stewart show last fall, and I love alot of the fabrics she designs! They're gorgeous. It's actually one of my goals to order some of her fabric and make a few small things with my girls. She does alot of quilts, curtains, etc...but, I've gotta start smaller than that (think: small bag for Rory)...a quilt is a little too big of a goal for me at this stage (and ability). Let me know what you think of her site.

Be sure to check out her chocolate lollipop fabrics...my favorite collection. http://www.annamariahorner.com/productfabric.html


www.soulemama.typepad.com: I still occasionally check her blog, and I even think she's from Maine (yippee, right amy?). She has actually written a book which is called The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections and is available on Amazon now. I think I may look for it at Chapters here, and maybe pick it up. Would love to hear what you think about her site too!



One last fun thing to check out, but it's not a blog. For those of you who have TLC on your channels, who loves 'What Not to Wear'? I actually don't watch the show alot, but I really enjoy watching the makeup/hair part and love the makeup artist, Carmindy. She always seems to be able to just bring out the women's natural beauty and always has fun tips...and now, she has a book (my first purchase at Chapters, I think): http://www.amazon.com/5-Minute-Face-Quick-Makeup-Guide/dp/0061238260. I'll post a picture if I end up getting amazing results in 5 minutes, but I think it might take a little longer. :)

So, put on a pot of coffee, cozy up on the couch, and enjoy some fun blog surfing...and let me know your thoughts and what blogs you like to surf around!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ang...two blog entries in one day...you are doing amazing!! I totally want a sewing machine after checking out that fabric site...I will be exploring it more later - the other one, too...just wanted to say "Good morning!" to ya, and let you know I appreciate your blogging!! You could always start with a baby quilt, Ang...do you know anyone having a baby anytime soon - anyone you are close to, and adore, and would love to experiment with?...hmmm...I'll try to think of someone...hee -hee!

I want to make curtains and quilts, and aprons and bags...Oh my word, I need to buy a sewing machine. I bought one for 5 bucks at a yard sale a few years ago - but...it didn't work, and has just been sitting in a box since we moved...maybe there's hope for it - if not, I may be investing in one for when I become "little miss homemaker" in the next couple months! I'm sure I will be sewing ALL the time...and my house will always be spotless, and my baby, perfect...Right?! Not to mention the delicious meals I will always have ready for when Jason gets home from work...

Ha ha!! i love ya, Ang...I'm delighted to have some other blogs/sites to explore...thanks, my friend! Have a great day...bring on some more blogs - I love reading about what's on your mind!!

~ Kristi

Anonymous said...

I LOVE soulemama's pictures...makes me inspired to take more pictures (is that possible?!)...I always take pictures of people (mostly Lori's kids) - and mostly of faces...I love this girl's photos, though - so amazing how such ordinary things look so beautiful when captured on camera...well - beautiful even when not captured on camera...but...anyways...such ART...I love it!!! I'll have to explore the fabrics a bit more, too...these girls are going to really be an inspiration when I'm HOME...I'll have to invest in a sewing maching for sure...(and a home!)...ha ha...thanks for sharing the sites, Ang!

Anonymous said...

I love that sweet picture of your kiddos, by the way...

Anonymous said...

One more comment from yours truly before I leave for the day...(I am so pathetic...) Enjoy your 12-hour date tomorrow...what are you guys doing?! (dare I ask?!)