Friday, February 22, 2008

A New Bear Friend


This past Monday, Rory & I went on a road trip to Buffalo, NY with Sarah & her two girls, Maggy & Emma, and Myriam & her girl Rosalie to celebrate Emma's 8th birthday. Emma really wanted to go to Build-A-Bear to spend her birthday money, and Sarah invited us along for the trip. Since Rosalie & Rory's birthday's are in March, we decided that we would just make it an early birthday present time for them as well, so that all of the girls could get a build a bear.


Wow! Let me tell you...whoever came up with the idea for this store is brilliant! It is awesome! The girls got to pick out whatever bear they wanted (or puppy, monkey, etc...), then got to participate in stuffing it, putting a heart in it, filling out and keeping its birth certificate, and of course, buying an outfit for it. It was alot of fun, and Rory had a great time! She knew exactly what outfit she wanted...from the dress down to the shoes. Oh, and don't forget the underwear! ;) Check out the small hole in the undies for the bear's tail! Too cute!

I wasn't sure whether Rory would take to her new bear or not, but suffice to say, she has!! Her name is Ashlyn and Rory adores her! It's really cute to watch her be so careful and tender with her new 'baby.' The only problem with our new bear: now, her brother and sister want one too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, sweet, Ang...Rory is such a little cutie...what fun to create your own unique bear...I'm sure she'll always remember that...Oh, how I miss New York...

What are you guys doing for your date today? Is it an overnight date? Hope you have fun, having a little get-away!

Have I told you how impressed I am with your blogging these days?!

Thanks, friend...

Mom2boys said...

I love the pics! your kids are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Me again...hope you have a great date with your hubby - I'll be back on Monday with lots more to blog about, i'm sure!! Can't wait to read all about your weekend...Love ya, Ang!

Marie said...

Hey Ang,
I sure wish that you guys could have come visit:( Oh well, maybe this summer! I am very excited to go for easter. I'll go visit you for sure:) Have a good day! I like Rory's bear:) Love you mon amie Angie!