Friday, February 15, 2008

Latest Likes & Loves

Although Valentine's Day is over, I thought I would continue on that lovin' feeling for one more day and put down some of my latest likes/loves. Everything from new music, books, and new discoveries by my kiddies. Enjoy!

1. New like: The Michael Gungor Band (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=55552319) That's the band's myspace address. We just started singing a couple of their songs at church (Giving It All is a fave), but my favorite one so far is Prodigal. Let's just say that God really used this song to put an even finer point on some things He was trying to get through to my stubborn heart. For a long time, I've been more concerned about the hurt my heart has/will feel when truly loving those around me...and finally, bit by bit, I've been able to see that my heart is something I need to surrender to Him. And know, that although it will be hurt again, trampled on, not cared for...it's in His hands and allowing Him to use it however He wills, is how I can best love Him...and ultimately, others. So, go to the bands myspace now, and take a listen...

2. New love: My baby girl Cait at 14 months. Oh my!!! She is one spitfire of a little girl! She is alot like her mama (yikes!), but is just so much fun! The other day, I had all the kiddies home for the day, as we were attempting to get over this cold/flu thing that they've had for awhile. So, Kier and Rory were upstairs having a nap, Rob was upstairs working in his office, I was lying on the couch, and my little ball of energy was walking 'round and 'round the living room and kitchen...singing, dancing, 'talking', and just being sooo cute! Then, she goes over to the gate by the bottom of the stairs and yells, loudly, 'Rory!!! Daddy!! Boy-yee!' (that's what she calls kier...boy). And she kept yelling for a few minutes, until she realized they were not coming down...and then she was off to wander and babble again. I love her. But, she is growing up so fast...as Rob reminded me this morning, while playing ball with her. 'Time for another one'...:) his quote, not mine! I'm quite content.....for now.

3. Rediscovered Love: The Food Network: I don't watch alot of TV, but when I'm sick, that's usually one luxury I will not feel too guilty about at the end of the day. The other night I watched 'Chef At Home' with kier and rory and we all loved it! He was making a valentine's dinner for his wife, and we were all engrossed, watching him make breaded goat cheese for salad to strawberries dipped in chocolate & other yummy things to a creamy chocolate martini. Yummy!!! Kier was moaning when the credits were rolling, and I thought he was not feeling well...turns out, he enjoyed the show a little too much...'i just want to eat his food!' So, experimenting is on the meal plan in the near future!

Well, 3 things doesn't make much of a list, but my girls are begging for attention, so that's all for now. What are some of your new/rediscovered loves/likes?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh....3 likes/loves...they are good ones, so...we'll accept 'em. Then there's Amy, with her 28+ loves...(one of them should have been list-making, I told her!)...just glad you're back on the blogger scene, Ang...You KNOW I appreciate it!! hope you are feeling better today...wish I could spend some time with you and your sweet little kiddos...hard to believe I will have my own in just a little while...anytime in the next 10 weeks or so, I suppose!! And...you'd like to deliver our child for us?! i had no idea you had the expertise...you are so humble...I think I will let you come and visit me!! i would love to see you...are you guys making any plans to come this summer? We'll chat soon, ang, probably this weekend...hope you have a great day...and,
p.s. - isn't blogging fun? Admit it...

Jessica said...

Well I got into this blogging thing because Amy talked me into it and Kristi kept saying she needed something to do at work. :) Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog and am glad that you have updated it. :)

Life With My Joys..... said...

What? You know how to deliver babies? Are you kidding? Are you serious? IF I were to ever go back to school, that's what I would be - a midwife. True story. Some day I just may do it, too. So, you guys just keep having babies, and maybe I can deliver one someday for ya. Wouldn't that be cool?! Wow - random side thought, there. Welcome back to the land of the living, my friend. How I've missed you. I seriously thought you'd given up blogging and I was getting so sad. Much loves!!!

Mom2boys said...

your blog looks great.....I LOVE blogging!!!!! I hope that you are all feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ang...look at all your comments...and, i love that Amy think you deliver babies...I hope these comments have proven to you that we need you in the bloggin world (especially me!!)...so, we didn't chat on the weekend...perhaps this week...I had full intentions of calling you yesterday afternoon, then fell asleep for the whole afternoon, which, by the way, I'm sure was needed...i'm getting sooo tired these days...but, we'll chat this week...miss and love ya lots...can't wait for another update...Oh, by the way, we were trying to clean our fridge of pictures the other day (I had WAY too many of Lori's kids on there)...and I don't have ANY pictures of your kids...so -- snap away, my friend...and send me some recent pic's of your little kiddos...so I can proudly display them on my fridge!